The lender presents this as a competitive long-term offer, but I am not yet convinced the headline figure tells me enough. The Manila purchase price is about PHP 75,110,000, and the quote is 7.83% fixed for 15 years. Once the upfront charges and applicable LTV band are included, it no longer resembles the lower rate used in the advertising.
How would you put competing Philippine offers on an equal footing? I want to account for payments, initial and recurring charges, and the balance remaining at likely exit dates. I am also checking whether the loan can genuinely move to another property, what happens if rates reset, and what penalties apply to partial or full early repayment.
How would you put competing Philippine offers on an equal footing? I want to account for payments, initial and recurring charges, and the balance remaining at likely exit dates. I am also checking whether the loan can genuinely move to another property, what happens if rates reset, and what penalties apply to partial or full early repayment.