APR is useful for screening the offers, although I am not convinced it should decide between them. For a Paris purchase of about €372,600, one illustration offers 7.82% fixed for ten years, but the two lenders have used different assumptions about fees and loan-to-value.
I plan to ask for both quotes to be rerun with the same deposit, loan term and repayment basis. I can then compare the upfront charges, 120 monthly payments and remaining principal, while checking whether any fee is added to the borrowing. After that, the choice depends on whether the monthly payment remains manageable and how likely I am to move or repay early, since portability and exit terms may matter more than a small difference in the headline calculation. I do not want the comparison to assume refinancing after year ten will be straightforward.
I plan to ask for both quotes to be rerun with the same deposit, loan term and repayment basis. I can then compare the upfront charges, 120 monthly payments and remaining principal, while checking whether any fee is added to the borrowing. After that, the choice depends on whether the monthly payment remains manageable and how likely I am to move or repay early, since portability and exit terms may matter more than a small difference in the headline calculation. I do not want the comparison to assume refinancing after year ten will be straightforward.