I’m caught between two plausible comparisons: APR gives me a standard measure, while the cash cost through the three-year fixed period better matches how long this quote is protected.
The offer is 7.81% on a New York purchase of about $1,205,000. A lower headline rate was advertised, but my quoted loan-to-value tier and lender charges make it a poor guide to the deal actually available.
Should I compare each offer by upfront fees, payments and interest through month 36, together with the remaining balance? I also want to include any cost of repaying early, the portability conditions and what happens after the fixed period. Refinancing may be possible later, but the monthly payment needs to remain manageable if that option is delayed or unattractive.
The offer is 7.81% on a New York purchase of about $1,205,000. A lower headline rate was advertised, but my quoted loan-to-value tier and lender charges make it a poor guide to the deal actually available.
Should I compare each offer by upfront fees, payments and interest through month 36, together with the remaining balance? I also want to include any cost of repaying early, the portability conditions and what happens after the fixed period. Refinancing may be possible later, but the monthly payment needs to remain manageable if that option is delayed or unattractive.