A new mortgage quote has made the comparison less straightforward. After 108 days in the purchase process, I have been offered 6.00% fixed for 2 years on a Berlin property costing around €634,800, but the fees and the lender’s loan-to-value band make the initial headline figure a poor guide.
I can compare APRs, yet for such a short fixed period I am wondering whether the more useful measure is unavoidable cash outlay through month 24, with principal repayment and the remaining balance shown separately. The payment must also work comfortably each month. How would you account for portability and early-repayment conditions without giving them more weight than a move or early sale realistically deserves?
I can compare APRs, yet for such a short fixed period I am wondering whether the more useful measure is unavoidable cash outlay through month 24, with principal repayment and the remaining balance shown separately. The payment must also work comfortably each month. How would you account for portability and early-repayment conditions without giving them more weight than a move or early sale realistically deserves?