I have checked the monthly payments and included the initial charges, but the value of the flexibility is still unclear. This is for a Lagos purchase of roughly NGN 1,356,000,000, with one offer at 6.88% fixed for 10 years.
The quotes are close on the monthly figure after allowing for their different loan-to-value bands. One could be better if I keep it for the whole decade, while another may work better if I refinance after, say, five years. That makes portability, early-exit costs and any rate-reset exposure more important than the advertised percentage alone.
Would you compare the offers at several possible exit dates, or first choose the most likely holding period and optimise for that? I also need to establish whether each arrangement charge is fixed or linked to the loan amount.
The quotes are close on the monthly figure after allowing for their different loan-to-value bands. One could be better if I keep it for the whole decade, while another may work better if I refinance after, say, five years. That makes portability, early-exit costs and any rate-reset exposure more important than the advertised percentage alone.
Would you compare the offers at several possible exit dates, or first choose the most likely holding period and optimise for that? I also need to establish whether each arrangement charge is fixed or linked to the loan amount.