wren_tools
Homeowner
APR gives me one comparison, while the cash cost through year three gives me another, and neither feels sufficient on its own. The quote is 6.87% fixed for three years on a New York purchase of roughly $1,195,000. A lower advertised rate did not survive the fees and loan-to-value pricing, and the two lender illustrations do not appear to use identical assumptions.
I’m leaning toward comparing the same loan amount over 36 months: upfront costs, payments made and balance remaining. I would then check early-repayment conditions, portability and the payment terms after the fixed period separately. Is that a fair method, or is there another figure I should ask both lenders to produce before choosing?
I’m leaning toward comparing the same loan amount over 36 months: upfront costs, payments made and balance remaining. I would then check early-repayment conditions, portability and the payment terms after the fixed period separately. Is that a fair method, or is there another figure I should ask both lenders to produce before choosing?