Choosing on the headline rate alone could leave me with an affordable-looking payment but a poor result if I move or repay early. The Dublin purchase price is about €887,800, and the quote is 6.36% fixed for five years. A lower promotional figure initially caught my attention, but fees and the applicable loan-to-value band affect the real cost.
For comparison, should I calculate all payments and charges over the five-year fixed period, then include the balance still owed at the end? APR seems useful as a check, though it may cover a longer horizon than the decision I am making.
I also need to test the monthly payment and the terms for portability and early repayment. For example, an offer that works over five years may be less attractive if I have to exit in year three. What figures would you put side by side before narrowing this to two lenders?
For comparison, should I calculate all payments and charges over the five-year fixed period, then include the balance still owed at the end? APR seems useful as a check, though it may cover a longer horizon than the decision I am making.
I also need to test the monthly payment and the terms for portability and early repayment. For example, an offer that works over five years may be less attractive if I have to exit in year three. What figures would you put side by side before narrowing this to two lenders?