LucaArcher
First-time buyer
Getting this comparison wrong could leave us paying heavily for an early exit even if the headline rate looks competitive. The property is in New York at about $910,000, and the quote fixes the rate at 5.55% for two years. The initial advertisement showed a cheaper rate, but our quoted costs reflect both the applicable loan-to-value band and arrangement charges.
We may move within those two years, so APR alone seems too blunt. Would you compare total interest and fees at several possible sale dates, including any early-repayment charge? I also need to establish whether the loan can move with us and whether the fees are paid at closing or added to the balance. Refinancing after two years is one possibility, not something I want to build in as a certainty.
We may move within those two years, so APR alone seems too blunt. Would you compare total interest and fees at several possible sale dates, including any early-repayment charge? I also need to establish whether the loan can move with us and whether the fees are paid at closing or added to the balance. Refinancing after two years is one possibility, not something I want to build in as a certainty.