travelsAndPost
First-time buyer
The monthly budget can absorb the initial payment, but I am less comfortable with what happens after the first year. The property near Mexico City is about MX$6,210,000, and the quote fixes the mortgage at 5.41% for 12 months.
Once the upfront charges and required loan-to-value band are applied, the offer is less attractive than the headline suggested. Should I compare lenders by unrecoverable cost over those 12 months, the APR, or the cash needed at purchase plus monthly payments? I am also checking the balance at month 12, repayment charges and the actual conditions attached to portability.
Once the upfront charges and required loan-to-value band are applied, the offer is less attractive than the headline suggested. Should I compare lenders by unrecoverable cost over those 12 months, the APR, or the cash needed at purchase plus monthly payments? I am also checking the balance at month 12, repayment charges and the actual conditions attached to portability.