A small update to the quote has created the bigger question: once the fee and loan-to-value band were applied, the 5.18% offer no longer looked as competitive, although its overpayment conditions remain noticeably better. This is for financing of a Tokyo purchase around ¥58,140,000 over a 20-year fixed term.
I now need a comparison that reflects an actual decision rather than a single headline measure. Should I model the amount paid by likely move or refinance dates, then add fees and the remaining balance at each point? I also want to verify whether portability would apply to me, test the monthly payment at different loan-to-value levels, and avoid choosing on the assumption that cheaper refinancing will be available later.
I now need a comparison that reflects an actual decision rather than a single headline measure. Should I model the amount paid by likely move or refinance dates, then add fees and the remaining balance at each point? I also want to verify whether portability would apply to me, test the monthly payment at different loan-to-value levels, and avoid choosing on the assumption that cheaper refinancing will be available later.