aisha_deals
First-time buyer
I want a mortgage whose payment remains manageable without depending on a future refinance, but the lender illustrations do not allow a clean comparison. I am 59 days into financing a Paris purchase of roughly €220,800 and now have a 4.63% offer fixed for 10 years. Fees and the relevant loan-to-value band narrowed the apparent advantage of the rate originally promoted.
Would you rebuild both offers with the same balance, dates and treatment of fees, then compare APR with the amount paid over ten years? I am also checking early-repayment charges, what happens after the fixed term and whether portability has meaningful conditions attached. Monthly affordability matters more to me than a saving that only appears under an optimistic refinancing assumption.
Would you rebuild both offers with the same balance, dates and treatment of fees, then compare APR with the amount paid over ten years? I am also checking early-repayment charges, what happens after the fixed term and whether portability has meaningful conditions attached. Monthly affordability matters more to me than a saving that only appears under an optimistic refinancing assumption.