I want a stable monthly payment for the period I expect to own the Madrid property, but the headline rate is making the offers harder rather than easier to compare. One quote is 4.42% fixed for 20 years on a purchase of about €662,400; its fees and loan-to-value pricing make it less attractive than the initial advertisement suggested.
Should I compare APR first and then calculate the cash paid over my likely holding period, including upfront charges and the balance remaining at the end? I am also checking whether the monthly payment is comfortable without relying on a future refinance. Portability and early-repayment terms seem important, but I am unsure how much weight to give them unless I define when I might sell or repay.
Should I compare APR first and then calculate the cash paid over my likely holding period, including upfront charges and the balance remaining at the end? I am also checking whether the monthly payment is comfortable without relying on a future refinance. Portability and early-repayment terms seem important, but I am unsure how much weight to give them unless I define when I might sell or repay.