Comparing a 4.07% 15-year fixed mortgage in Doha

compass.fresh

Homeowner
Established
The lender is promoting a 15-year fix at 4.07%, but I am hesitant because the headline looked better before its arrangement charge and the applicable loan-to-value band were included. The purchase is around QAR 2,803,000, and the difference in monthly payments between the offers is fairly modest.

How would you compare them if refinancing or selling before year 15 is realistic? I am trying to weigh the payments and fees against early-repayment restrictions and portability. I also need to establish whether porting keeps the same rate or triggers a fresh assessment. Has an energy label made any practical difference in recent Qatar mortgage offers?
 
A small monthly saving can be misleading. I would price each offer to the point when you are most likely to sell or refinance, then add the setup charge and any cost of leaving at that date.

For example, an offer that wins over 15 years may lose if you exit much earlier. APR still helps as a cross-check, but I would not let it override that scenario. If the totals remain close, favour the clearer early-repayment terms and get the lender to explain exactly what portability means for the 4.07% fix.
 
Back
Top