noor_taxes
Homeowner
3.98% only lasts for two years, which is the part making this $305,000 New York purchase difficult to assess. The quote looks manageable over 24 months, but I am not comfortable treating a future refinance as the plan.
A broker expects refinancing to be possible. The counterexample I keep coming back to is a lower property value or changed finances leaving me in a worse loan-to-value bracket when the fixed period ends. In that case I would face the reset terms rather than the replacement loan I had expected.
Should I compare the payments and lender charges over the first two years, then run a separate case in which refinancing is unavailable? I’m also checking the balance remaining at month 24, early-payment costs and whether any portability wording has practical value.
A broker expects refinancing to be possible. The counterexample I keep coming back to is a lower property value or changed finances leaving me in a worse loan-to-value bracket when the fixed period ends. In that case I would face the reset terms rather than the replacement loan I had expected.
Should I compare the payments and lender charges over the first two years, then run a separate case in which refinancing is unavailable? I’m also checking the balance remaining at month 24, early-payment costs and whether any portability wording has practical value.