path.clever
Buyer
A low opening rate is attractive, but a one-year fix may make the reset terms more important than the headline. For a New York purchase of about $225,000, one quote is 3.64% fixed for 1 year; fees and the applicable loan-to-value band make it less straightforward than the initial promotion suggested.
What is the clearest like-for-like measure here: total cash paid through month 12, interest over that period, or APR? I also want to compare the balance remaining when the fix ends and model what the payment could become afterward.
Portability and early-repayment terms could affect the choice if I move or refinance. Which of those provisions would you treat as decisive for such a short product?
What is the clearest like-for-like measure here: total cash paid through month 12, interest over that period, or APR? I also want to compare the balance remaining when the fix ends and model what the payment could become afterward.
Portability and early-repayment terms could affect the choice if I move or refinance. Which of those provisions would you treat as decisive for such a short product?