I want a fair comparison before accepting the offer, but the headline rates are not giving me one. The Tokyo property is around ¥45,900,000, and my current quote is 3.38% fixed for three years. Fees and the loan-to-value band seem to account for part of the difference from the rate I first saw.
For a three-year comparison period, should I total the interest and compulsory charges while listing principal repayment separately? Or, if I may keep the mortgage longer, is a broader APR-style comparison more useful? Monthly affordability still matters, so I do not want a lower three-year cost that produces uncomfortable payments. I also plan to check the early-repayment and portability conditions before responding to the lender.
For a three-year comparison period, should I total the interest and compulsory charges while listing principal repayment separately? Or, if I may keep the mortgage longer, is a broader APR-style comparison more useful? Monthly affordability still matters, so I do not want a lower three-year cost that produces uncomfortable payments. I also plan to check the early-repayment and portability conditions before responding to the lender.