I’ve checked the headline rate, the loan-to-value band and the main fees, but I still can’t tell which quote is cheapest for my likely holding period. One Dubai offer is fixed at 3.27% for two years, for a property purchase around AED 1,798,000.
Would you compare the cash outlay through month 24 and the balance left at that point, or use the longer-term APR if there is a reasonable chance of retaining the mortgage? I’m also checking whether the loan can move with me, what happens when the fixed period ends, and the cost of repaying early. The advertised rate was more attractive until the fee structure and applicable LTV band were taken into account.
Would you compare the cash outlay through month 24 and the balance left at that point, or use the longer-term APR if there is a reasonable chance of retaining the mortgage? I’m also checking whether the loan can move with me, what happens when the fixed period ends, and the cost of repaying early. The advertised rate was more attractive until the fee structure and applicable LTV band were taken into account.