The fees surprised me more than the rate. On a Berlin purchase of about €1,191,000, a quote fixed at 3.19% for 20 years seemed clearly preferable until I compared the applicable lending tier, charges and repayment assumptions. The monthly difference from the other offers is modest.
Should I rank them by cash paid during the fixed period and the balance still outstanding at year 20, using APR only as an initial filter? Portability and early-repayment options matter to me, but I am wary of paying for flexibility that may be conditional. The contract structure seems harder to undo later than a small difference in monthly cost.
Should I rank them by cash paid during the fixed period and the balance still outstanding at year 20, using APR only as an initial filter? Portability and early-repayment options matter to me, but I am wary of paying for flexibility that may be conditional. The contract structure seems harder to undo later than a small difference in monthly cost.