I’ve checked the headline rate, arrangement fee and overpayment terms, but I’m still unclear about the fairest comparison period. The quote is 3.10% fixed for five years on an Oslo purchase around NOK 11,720,000, and the loan-to-value tier appears to matter as much as the advertised pricing.
Should I compare the offers using all payments and fees over those five years, while also showing the principal remaining at the end? I also need to test the monthly payment against our actual budget rather than focusing only on total cost. My next step is to request the written conditions for portability and early repayment, then compare them with how likely we are to move or overpay during the fixed period.
Should I compare the offers using all payments and fees over those five years, while also showing the principal remaining at the end? I also need to test the monthly payment against our actual budget rather than focusing only on total cost. My next step is to request the written conditions for portability and early repayment, then compare them with how likely we are to move or overpay during the fixed period.