I need to choose between lenders soon, and the trade-off is not as simple as taking the lowest displayed rate. One Tokyo quote is 2.77% with a five-year fix for a purchase around ¥48,960,000; fees and the relevant loan-to-value bracket make the other offers look closer than their advertisements suggest.
APR is tempting as a quick comparison, but I think the better measure may be total outlay through year five together with the balance remaining. That would also expose the cost of selling, repaying early or refinancing rather than assuming I keep the same loan.
My next step is to ask each lender for those figures using the same loan amount and exit date. Is there another refinance or early-repayment assumption that should be kept consistent?
APR is tempting as a quick comparison, but I think the better measure may be total outlay through year five together with the balance remaining. That would also expose the cost of selling, repaying early or refinancing rather than assuming I keep the same loan.
My next step is to ask each lender for those figures using the same loan amount and exit date. Is there another refinance or early-repayment assumption that should be kept consistent?