The fee altered my view more than the rate did. I have a mortgage quote at 2.72% for a purchase near Manchester at roughly £877,500, with a 20-year fixed period, but its loan-to-value band and arrangement charge make the apparent saving less clear.
Because the monthly gap between the options is small, I am trying to compare them over the time I might actually keep the mortgage. Should I focus on payments and fees over that period, the balance remaining when I might move, or APR as a common reference point? Portability and early-repayment charges could decide it if the cheaper-looking loan is costly to leave.
Because the monthly gap between the options is small, I am trying to compare them over the time I might actually keep the mortgage. Should I focus on payments and fees over that period, the balance remaining when I might move, or APR as a common reference point? Portability and early-repayment charges could decide it if the cheaper-looking loan is costly to leave.