GrandCorner
First-time buyer
The practical difficulty is that I cannot be sure whether I will refinance, sell or keep the same mortgage after the initial two years.
The quote is 2.68% fixed for two years on a purchase near Lisbon at about €469,200. Once the arrangement fee and the applicable loan-to-value band are included, the headline rate no longer gives a clean comparison.
Should I rank offers by the amount paid up to the first reset, including fees, and compare the remaining balances at that date? I will keep APR as a reference, but I also need to understand the rate after two years, early-repayment costs and whether portability would actually help if I moved.
The quote is 2.68% fixed for two years on a purchase near Lisbon at about €469,200. Once the arrangement fee and the applicable loan-to-value band are included, the headline rate no longer gives a clean comparison.
Should I rank offers by the amount paid up to the first reset, including fees, and compare the remaining balances at that date? I will keep APR as a reference, but I also need to understand the rate after two years, early-repayment costs and whether portability would actually help if I moved.