Several rejected offers later, I have completed on a studio in Madrid. The price negotiations were only one part of it; the last stretch depended on documents, lender timing and different people completing their tasks in the right order.
I also learned not to let completion use up every available euro. Service charges can arrive soon afterward, so they need their own place in the budget rather than being mixed into a vague repair allowance. Once my offer was accepted, it also helped to identify who owned each remaining action and when it was due.
The unsuccessful bids still clarified which compromises I could accept and where my limit was. For those who have completed a first purchase, which practical cost or final-week problem caught you by surprise?
I also learned not to let completion use up every available euro. Service charges can arrive soon afterward, so they need their own place in the budget rather than being mixed into a vague repair allowance. Once my offer was accepted, it also helped to identify who owned each remaining action and when it was due.
The unsuccessful bids still clarified which compromises I could accept and where my limit was. For those who have completed a first purchase, which practical cost or final-week problem caught you by surprise?