My budget leaves little room for an expense estimate to be wrong. The property is a 4-bed serviced apartment in Chicago priced at $465,000, with projected rent of $1,421 a month and a stated gross yield near 3.7%.
I have recalculated using eleven months of rent and deductions for management, ordinary repairs and a reserve for larger work. The building looks sound, but its reserve position and possible shared expenditure are still unclear. Before deciding whether the remaining net cash flow is adequate, I need to know which figure deserves the closest verification: the actual property-tax bill, insurance, association charges or tenant-change costs. I also need to confirm whether $1,421 covers the whole apartment and exactly what the servicing fee includes.
I have recalculated using eleven months of rent and deductions for management, ordinary repairs and a reserve for larger work. The building looks sound, but its reserve position and possible shared expenditure are still unclear. Before deciding whether the remaining net cash flow is adequate, I need to know which figure deserves the closest verification: the actual property-tax bill, insurance, association charges or tenant-change costs. I also need to confirm whether $1,421 covers the whole apartment and exactly what the servicing fee includes.