friendly_cairn
Property manager
I’m comparing a Zurich studio with a modest current yield against higher-yield properties in cheaper markets. Zurich has the stronger employment and transport fundamentals, while the alternatives produce more cash now but appear less liquid.
I don’t want “future appreciation” to become a polite excuse for weak numbers. My current thought is to require a minimum cash return after vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance, property tax and financing, then treat any growth as optional upside.
For those who have made this kind of decision, which assumption deserved more attention once you got past the initial yield comparison?
I don’t want “future appreciation” to become a polite excuse for weak numbers. My current thought is to require a minimum cash return after vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance, property tax and financing, then treat any growth as optional upside.
For those who have made this kind of decision, which assumption deserved more attention once you got past the initial yield comparison?