We are considering a townhouse where the seller wants an offer near NZ$1,048,000. Competing bids may be above the best completed comparables. We could absorb a modest valuation shortfall, but not an unlimited one.
Would you offer near the seller’s number with an appraisal-gap promise capped at NZ$66,000, retain a full valuation condition, or reduce the headline offer? I do not want to win by creating a financing problem. I’m also interested in what becomes important after choosing the basic offer structure: inspection protection, proof of financing, response deadline, seller motivation, repair credits and deposit exposure.
Would you offer near the seller’s number with an appraisal-gap promise capped at NZ$66,000, retain a full valuation condition, or reduce the headline offer? I do not want to win by creating a financing problem. I’m also interested in what becomes important after choosing the basic offer structure: inspection protection, proof of financing, response deadline, seller motivation, repair credits and deposit exposure.