horizon.friendly
Homeowner
I want predictable borrowing costs for the first three years. The difficulty is comparing quotes once fees, loan-to-value bands and the balance left at the end are included.
The current offer is 4.85% fixed for three years on a Cape Town purchase of about ZAR 11,920,000. Although refinancing after the fixed period has been suggested, I need the purchase to remain affordable if that option is unavailable. Should I rank lenders by three-year interest, APR, or total payments plus the remaining balance? I’m also checking whether fees are added to the loan, whether the mortgage can be transferred to another property, and what early repayment would cost.
The current offer is 4.85% fixed for three years on a Cape Town purchase of about ZAR 11,920,000. Although refinancing after the fixed period has been suggested, I need the purchase to remain affordable if that option is unavailable. Should I rank lenders by three-year interest, APR, or total payments plus the remaining balance? I’m also checking whether fees are added to the loan, whether the mortgage can be transferred to another property, and what early repayment would cost.