The headline rate is not giving me a clean comparison. My concern is whether a large certain fee is worth paying for flexible overpayments that I may or may not use.
After a 94-day process, I have a 3.63% three-year fixed quote for a Cairo purchase of about EGP 23,280,000. The fee and LTV band make it less attractive than the initial advertisement suggested. Should I compare the cash paid and balance remaining after year three, rather than rely mainly on APR? I am also checking monthly affordability, portability, early-repayment terms and the rate that applies after the fixed period. Which loan amount, term or LTV detail would be needed to judge it properly?
After a 94-day process, I have a 3.63% three-year fixed quote for a Cairo purchase of about EGP 23,280,000. The fee and LTV band make it less attractive than the initial advertisement suggested. Should I compare the cash paid and balance remaining after year three, rather than rely mainly on APR? I am also checking monthly affordability, portability, early-repayment terms and the rate that applies after the fixed period. Which loan amount, term or LTV detail would be needed to judge it properly?