Cairo inventory shift in November 2025: seasonal noise or more selective buyers?

RealMoss

First-time buyer
Established
I have checked a set of Cairo listings dated November 2025, but I cannot tell whether the pattern reflects the wider market or just the properties in that sample. Well-presented warehouses show about 31 days on market, whereas homes requiring work tend to linger. The difference I can see between advertised and completed prices is around 2.8%.

That could indicate more selective buyers, but it could also come from the mix of neighbourhoods, property types or listing revisions. Does anyone have matched sales with transaction counts and a clear source date? Direct observations from particular areas would also help, provided warehouses and residential property are kept separate.
 
The 2.8% figure alone cannot answer that. Is it based on matched listings and completed sales, or separate averages for available and sold stock? A change in the mix of properties could create the gap without buyers negotiating any harder. Transaction count and the date on which the November data were captured would help.
 
I’d also separate warehouses from homes rather than treat the 31-day figure as a market-wide signal. They attract different buyers, and “well-presented” versus “needing work” introduces another variable. Which Cairo neighbourhoods are represented, and were later price revisions included? Without that revision history, days on market can be misleading.
 
Agreed on separating the categories, though even matched data may still be noisy over one month. I’d record initial ask, latest ask, completed price, listing date and completion date. It also matters whether any relevant policy timing or administrative delay shifted completions into or out of November rather than changing demand itself.
 
What changed my view was the 31-day figure applying to well-presented warehouses rather than to Cairo property generally. A small group of quick commercial sales could coexist with slow residential stock, so one headline number may conceal opposite patterns.

I would build a compact table by neighbourhood, type and condition, recording the original ask, later reductions, listing time, completed price and number of transactions. Running the same exercise for the periods around November 2025 would show whether the result persists. For now, 2.8% and 31 days look like sample observations, not proof of a citywide shift.
 
Back
Top