Cairo condos after 28 days: ordinary variation or an early shift?

RealMoss

First-time buyer
Established
In March 2025 I tracked a narrow set of Cairo condos asking between EGP 54,910,000 and EGP 82,370,000. Their current marketing period is roughly 28 days, but the saved listings are behaving very differently from one another. Local supply appears more informative than the monthly citywide headline. Is 28 days far too early to interpret this as anything beyond property-level variation, and what would you compare next?
 
At 28 days I would assume variation before calling a shift. That price band can still contain homes with very different condition, location and seller expectations. I’d first divide the listings by a tight neighbourhood boundary, then compare price cuts and new-listing volume within each small group.
 
How reliable is the 28-day figure? Is it measured from the first advertisement, or could withdrawn and relisted stock appear newer than it really is? Also, are these genuinely comparable condos in condition and payment terms? Those two points could explain why listings at similar prices are not moving together.
 
I’m less inclined than Tariq to dismiss the divergence. It does not prove a broad Cairo change, but uneven movement can be the first sign that buyers are becoming more selective. Watch which sellers cut prices first, which listings disappear without an apparent sale, and whether replacement listings arrive faster than existing ones leave.
 
The comments about relisting and neighbourhood boundaries identify the weakness in my notes. I used the current marketing period, but I should not treat it as perfectly clean days on market without checking withdrawn stock. My next pass will separate the condos by smaller area, condition, price-cut timing and whether the listing has remained continuously available.
 
Add recent completed sales if you can find sufficiently comparable ones. Asking-price movement mainly describes seller behaviour; completed prices show where buyers and sellers actually met. I’d use the citywide figures only as context, not as the baseline for judging this narrow and relatively expensive group.
 
Buyer financing may be the missing divider. Two condos with similar asking prices can face different pools of buyers if their payment arrangements differ. Seller motivation matters too: one owner may reduce quickly, while another is content to wait. That makes a list of price changes more useful when paired with the timing and any known payment terms.
 
I’d turn this into a weekly table rather than decide after day 28: original and current asking price, continuous marketing time, neighbourhood, condition, new competing listings, withdrawals and any completed comparable sales. After several updates, you can see whether weakness is spreading across the group or remains concentrated in particular properties. For now, “possible early selectivity” seems better supported than either “normal noise” or “Cairo market shift.”
 
Back
Top