Cairo 3-bed listings: quick sales versus stale stock

TaliaCole

First-time buyer
I’m sense-checking a Cairo sample of mostly 3-bed country homes priced from EGP 30,140,000 to EGP 45,220,000. The typical listing has been visible for 29 days, yet there seems to be a split between homes that move quickly and stock that lingers. My working theory is very localised supply, but condition, financing and seller motivation may matter more. What are people seeing at street level?
 
One gap in my notes is completed-sale evidence. I’m looking at advertised stock, so “29 days visible” could include withdrawn or relisted homes rather than a clean marketing period. I also need to tighten the neighbourhood boundaries before treating the price range as one market.
 
That distinction is crucial. Listing age alone cannot show which properties sold, were withdrawn, or simply reappeared. I’d separate new listings, price reductions and disappearances week by week, then compare condition within each small area. A renovated home and one needing substantial work can produce very different buyer reactions even at similar asking prices.
 
How are you treating payment terms? At this price level, two identical headline prices may not be comparable if one seller wants a straightforward payment and another offers a different timetable. Also, are the “country homes” genuinely similar in plot, access and finish, or is the three-bedroom label doing too much work?
 
I wouldn’t put the gap mainly down to local supply yet. Seller motivation can explain why one listing is priced to move while another sits without a cut, and buyer financing can narrow the effective audience. I’d build a small table by neighbourhood: first-seen date, condition, payment terms, price changes, withdrawn/relisted status and final outcome where known. That should reveal whether cuts happen after a common interval or whether stale stock is simply unrealistic from day one.
 
Back
Top