I’m building a closing-cost and ongoing-cost checklist for a new-build flat in Paris priced at about €657,800. I have transfer tax, registration fees and notary costs on the list, but I’m less clear about costs or restrictions connected with the ownership structure and residency status.
Before speaking to a licensed French professional, I’d like to know what questions are easiest to overlook. In particular: which annual property charges should be confirmed, can residency affect tax treatment, and should capital gains or inheritance planning influence how the flat is owned from the outset?
If you completed a purchase in France, what legitimate cost or complication appeared after the first estimate, and which figure or document would you insist on seeing before committing? I’m looking for practical points to investigate, not personal legal or tax advice.
Before speaking to a licensed French professional, I’d like to know what questions are easiest to overlook. In particular: which annual property charges should be confirmed, can residency affect tax treatment, and should capital gains or inheritance planning influence how the flat is owned from the outset?
If you completed a purchase in France, what legitimate cost or complication appeared after the first estimate, and which figure or document would you insist on seeing before committing? I’m looking for practical points to investigate, not personal legal or tax advice.