meadow.far
Property investor
Choosing the wrong ownership structure could cost far more at sale or inheritance than any saving made on completion.
The property is a São Paulo warehouse at about R$6,356,000. I have allowed for transfer tax, registration, notary work and legal fees, but I am less confident about recurring property charges and costs connected with holding it through an individual or an entity. Residency, future capital-gains treatment and succession planning may all affect that choice.
What should be separated into acquisition, annual ownership and eventual exit budgets? I would also appreciate a list of facts to give local legal and tax advisers so they can itemise each payment, its calculation basis, when it falls due and whether it repeats.
The property is a São Paulo warehouse at about R$6,356,000. I have allowed for transfer tax, registration, notary work and legal fees, but I am less confident about recurring property charges and costs connected with holding it through an individual or an entity. Residency, future capital-gains treatment and succession planning may all affect that choice.
What should be separated into acquisition, annual ownership and eventual exit budgets? I would also appreciate a list of facts to give local legal and tax advisers so they can itemise each payment, its calculation basis, when it falls due and whether it repeats.