Buying a Seoul retail unit: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

zia_titles

Buyer
Established
The initial figures make this purchase look manageable, but I am hesitant to rely on them while several ownership questions remain open. The Seoul retail unit is priced at about ₩676,200,000, and I need a clearer split between completion expenses and continuing property charges, including registration, transfer-related tax and legal or notarial work.

The missing facts may be more important than the headline amounts. If I buy personally, I need to ask how my residency position affects a later sale and inheritance planning. If an entity is the buyer, I need the same analysis for that structure, along with confirmation that it is permitted before any non-refundable payment.

What costs or restrictions tended to appear after the first estimate? I am putting together a list of points for a local adviser to allocate to the buyer, seller or property.
 
Ask for two written estimates: cash needed through registration, and annual costs after completion. Otherwise recurring charges can get mixed into the closing figure or omitted entirely. Also clarify whether the proposed buyer and ownership structure are permitted before paying non-refundable money.

One missing fact: will you buy personally or through an entity, and what will your residency status be? Those answers may change the questions around transfer tax, future capital gains, and inheritance. Have the local adviser map each charge to the buyer, seller, or property rather than giving you one lump-sum estimate.
 
Back
Top