FirstMeadow
Buyer
Our San Francisco property sale fell through after several weeks because the buyer could not satisfy the financing contingency. The inspection was not the issue, but once we relist, buyers will naturally ask why it returned to market.
Before going live again, would you refresh the disclosures and supporting documents, adjust the price, or relist immediately while interest is still recent? Next time I am also considering a slightly lower offer if it comes with stronger financing evidence, a clearer response deadline, and less appraisal-gap risk. I would want to preserve sensible inspection protection rather than simply choosing the offer with the fewest conditions.
For those who have seen comparable San Francisco sales actually close after a failed first contract, what mattered most: price, proof of funds, deposit terms, repair-credit limits, or the seller’s apparent motivation? Completed examples would be much more useful than headline asking prices.
Before going live again, would you refresh the disclosures and supporting documents, adjust the price, or relist immediately while interest is still recent? Next time I am also considering a slightly lower offer if it comes with stronger financing evidence, a clearer response deadline, and less appraisal-gap risk. I would want to preserve sensible inspection protection rather than simply choosing the offer with the fewest conditions.
For those who have seen comparable San Francisco sales actually close after a failed first contract, what mattered most: price, proof of funds, deposit terms, repair-credit limits, or the seller’s apparent motivation? Completed examples would be much more useful than headline asking prices.