sketchesAndEcho
Homeowner
I have priced a comparable Rotterdam apartment at about €671,600 and added mortgage costs, tax, insurance, maintenance and association dues. Buying remains substantially more expensive each month than my current rental. What is still unclear is whether the equity gained would survive the purchase and sale costs if I relocate in five to seven years.
The association is the biggest unknown. I would like to know which records best reveal whether its reserves match planned work, whether contributions are likely to rise, and whether major building projects could produce an additional charge. Energy use and the time involved in ownership also belong in the comparison.
Renting keeps the decision reversible; buying exposes me to the timing and price of a future sale. For those who made a similar choice, which figures or association documents changed your answer? How did you put a value on flexibility without ignoring possible rent increases and the costs of moving between rentals?
The association is the biggest unknown. I would like to know which records best reveal whether its reserves match planned work, whether contributions are likely to rise, and whether major building projects could produce an additional charge. Energy use and the time involved in ownership also belong in the comparison.
Renting keeps the decision reversible; buying exposes me to the timing and price of a future sale. For those who made a similar choice, which figures or association documents changed your answer? How did you put a value on flexibility without ignoring possible rent increases and the costs of moving between rentals?