I’m considering a Tokyo four-bedroom property priced at ¥189,000,000. I can afford the purchase at the quoted 7.10% rate, but I’m torn between buying now and waiting for cheaper finance. If rates fall before inventory improves, extra competition could simply lift prices.
What stress tests would make this decision less dependent on predicting the market? I’m particularly concerned about monthly affordability, refinancing assumptions, rate resets and resale risk. It would also help to distinguish actual Japanese legal or lender requirements from choices that come down to personal risk tolerance.
What stress tests would make this decision less dependent on predicting the market? I’m particularly concerned about monthly affordability, refinancing assumptions, rate resets and resale risk. It would also help to distinguish actual Japanese legal or lender requirements from choices that come down to personal risk tolerance.