The figure that changed my view was the gross yield: only about 3.2% on a two-bedroom Buenos Aires villa priced at ARS 818,300,000. Expected rent is ARS 2,198,000 a month, so even a modest vacancy or major repair could remove much of the return.
I have allowed for management, ordinary upkeep, empty periods and a separate maintenance reserve, but I am less confident about shared building costs and how quickly expenses could move. Before deciding, I plan to verify the source and date of the rent estimate, the reserve balance, anticipated major works and which charges belong to the owner. Is there another cost or financing sensitivity that should determine whether this is simply a pass?
I have allowed for management, ordinary upkeep, empty periods and a separate maintenance reserve, but I am less confident about shared building costs and how quickly expenses could move. Before deciding, I plan to verify the source and date of the rent estimate, the reserve balance, anticipated major works and which charges belong to the owner. Is there another cost or financing sensitivity that should determine whether this is simply a pass?