romy_leases
Property investor
I’m deciding whether to pursue a 2-bed new-build flat in Brussels at €584,200. Expected rent is €3,418 per month, producing the advertised gross yield of roughly 7.0%.
The building looks sound, but vacancy could materially change the result. My model uses eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. I still suspect the reserve is light.
Which Brussels-specific cost am I most likely missing—insurance, property tax, non-recoverable building charges or something else? Also, what net yield would compensate you for the vacancy and tenant-turnover risk?
The building looks sound, but vacancy could materially change the result. My model uses eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. I still suspect the reserve is light.
Which Brussels-specific cost am I most likely missing—insurance, property tax, non-recoverable building charges or something else? Also, what net yield would compensate you for the vacancy and tenant-turnover risk?