Brisbane small multifamily: is 107 days a real shift or an active-listing bias?

talia_plans

Buyer
Established
I’m looking at Brisbane small multifamily listings between A$1,143,000 and A$1,715,000. The properties still advertised suggest roughly 107 days to find a buyer, with many of the longer-running outliers apparently affected by insurance issues.

Is that consistent with recent completed sales, or is the sample distorted by stale listings? I’m also wondering how much withdrawn stock and recent price cuts would change the picture.
 
The online sample can easily overstate selling time because completed deals disappear while difficult stock remains visible. I’d separate sold, withdrawn and still-active properties, then note when each price cut occurred rather than treating all 107 days equally. How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? A broad Brisbane label could combine very different locations and property conditions.
 
I wouldn’t assume the figure is merely a stale-listing problem. Buyer financing and seller motivation can also make a genuine change show up first in active stock, before enough completed sales exist to confirm it.

Compare properties listed during the same period and in the same condition bracket. Then track new-listing volume, withdrawals and completed sales separately. If the 107-day group mostly had late price cuts or unresolved insurance concerns, that tells a different story from correctly priced properties taking just as long.
 
Back
Top