Brisbane property manager comparing advertised and completed prices

SolidYard

Property manager
The Brisbane board seems the obvious starting point, but I’m hesitant to rely too heavily on one local view. I work in property management and have been comparing coastal properties using asking figures, final sale prices and purchase expenses.

Condition is the awkward part. A cheaper completed sale may simply need far more renovation, so the price difference alone says little. Would you follow the local discussions first, or build a broader Australian comparison from sales data before narrowing the search?
 
Welcome. I’d start with the local board, then follow the market-data and mortgage-comparison threads alongside it. Completed prices are more useful when you also note timing, property condition and likely renovation needs; otherwise two apparently similar coastal homes may not be comparable. Are you looking mainly around Brisbane and nearby coastal areas, or comparing Australian cities more broadly?
 
I’d put transaction costs ahead of mortgage comparisons at first. A neat advertised-versus-completed spreadsheet can still give a misleading picture if the legal checks, purchase costs and renovation allowance sit outside the model. Pick a small group of genuinely similar properties, record both prices where available, and add separate columns for condition and known costs. That should also give you sharper questions for the investment-modelling discussions.
 
Back
Top