The figure that changed my view was the cash left at completion: only about COP 36,900,000. I’m now 112 days into the process for a 5-bed villa in Bogotá priced near COP 3,218,000,000, and that remainder may be doing too many jobs at once.
I can postpone most furniture, but not an urgent roof, boiler or inspection item. Moving costs and any administration or service charges also need to be allowed for. Would you reserve a separate emergency fund first and use only the balance for repairs, or budget for known work before deciding whether the purchase is affordable? I’m trying to identify which inspection findings and recurring charges to verify before committing.
I can postpone most furniture, but not an urgent roof, boiler or inspection item. Moving costs and any administration or service charges also need to be allowed for. Would you reserve a separate emergency fund first and use only the balance for repairs, or budget for known work before deciding whether the purchase is affordable? I’m trying to identify which inspection findings and recurring charges to verify before committing.