Bogotá newcomer comparing advertised and completed prices

view.small

Real estate lawyer
A poor comparison can make a retail discount look attractive when it is really explained by lease terms, management duties or transaction costs. Hello from Bogotá—I am a real estate lawyer currently looking closely at retail property and the difference between advertised figures and achieved prices.

I would like to see how members in other markets structure the analysis without losing the Colombian context. Is the local board the best starting point, or are there useful discussions on property management, mortgage comparisons and reusable investment models elsewhere on the forum? I am interested in both the numbers and which underlying facts people verify before trusting them.
 
Welcome. I’d begin with the local board, then search separately for transaction-cost and investment-modelling discussions. Completed-price data can be hard to compare unless the period, property type and condition match, so a simple spreadsheet recording those items may be more useful than one headline figure. Are you mainly studying vacant retail units, leased units, or both?
 
I’d put the legal checklist before the model. With retail property, an apparent asking-versus-completed discount can reflect lease terms, renovation needs or management obligations rather than market weakness. That makes cross-market comparisons interesting but potentially misleading. It may help to post one anonymised Bogotá example with asking price, completed price if known, transaction costs and condition; members can then compare how they would analyse it elsewhere.
 
Back
Top