Birmingham monthly property snapshot — April 2026

ember.full

Homeowner
Established
I’m putting together an April 2026 Birmingham snapshot focused on country homes. The current inputs show 77 days on market, asking-price movement of +10.3%, and visible financing sensitivity around £639,600. These are indicative figures, not an official index. Are they useful enough to publish as a directional snapshot, or should I wait for completed-sale evidence? Inventory changes, neighbourhood splits and dated sources would help.
 
I would publish only after defining the sample. “Country homes” could cover a very different set of properties depending on boundaries and listing categories. Also, what exactly does +10.3% measure: initial asking prices, current asking prices, or a change in the mix of listings? Without that, readers may mistake asking-price movement for value growth.
 
The price-band mix is the missing piece for me. If more homes near or above £639,600 entered the sample in April, both the headline price movement and financing sensitivity could shift without comparable homes becoming more expensive. Can you split inventory by price band and property type, then show whether the 77 days applies across those groups?
 
I wouldn’t wait for completed sales before sharing anything. They may refer to transactions agreed under earlier market conditions, so they won’t automatically settle what happened to April listings. The snapshot can still be useful if every figure has a revision date and the wording stays cautious. I do agree that one Birmingham-wide number is weak for country homes; neighbourhood or area splits matter.
 
A practical format would be: sample dates and boundaries first, then listing count or inventory direction, price-band and property-type mix, followed by the three headline figures. Add completed sales separately when available rather than blending them into the listing data. Keep the source links beside each update and preserve earlier revision dates so readers can see what changed.
 
Back
Top