I finally completed on a condo in Birmingham after several offers and a document process that took longer than expected. The biggest lesson was not to treat the purchase cash as the whole budget: keeping money available for building reserves and repairs matters. I also wish I had asked, as soon as the offer was accepted, exactly who owned each next step and when it was due.
The rejected offers were still useful data rather than wasted effort. For anyone who has completed a first purchase, what did the process teach you that beginner guides tend to miss? Happy to answer questions about the stretch between offer and completion.
The rejected offers were still useful data rather than wasted effort. For anyone who has completed a first purchase, what did the process teach you that beginner guides tend to miss? Happy to answer questions about the stretch between offer and completion.