readsAndBirch
Real estate agent
A poor estimate here could tie up £830,700 in a property that leaves almost no spendable return. The Birmingham detached home has two bedrooms and projected rent of £2,211 per month, which is only about 3.2% gross.
I have included vacancy, agent fees, routine upkeep and major repairs, yet the margin remains narrow. Insurance, repeated tenant changes and a higher management charge could remove it altogether.
The tempting answer is to reject it on yield alone, but I would first verify the exact part of Birmingham and obtain evidence for comparable agreed rents rather than asking figures. If £2,211 is supported, I can replace the remaining cost estimates and recalculate; if it is not, I would only continue at a materially lower purchase price.
I have included vacancy, agent fees, routine upkeep and major repairs, yet the margin remains narrow. Insurance, repeated tenant changes and a higher management charge could remove it altogether.
The tempting answer is to reject it on yield alone, but I would first verify the exact part of Birmingham and obtain evidence for comparable agreed rents rather than asking figures. If £2,211 is supported, I can replace the remaining cost estimates and recalculate; if it is not, I would only continue at a materially lower purchase price.