The 6.3% headline yield looks appealing, but treating the full €869 as usable monthly rent seems too optimistic. This would be our first rental: a 2-bed new-build flat in Berlin priced at €165,600 and still available after about 50 days.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary maintenance and a reserve, but I am less certain about acquisition expenses, owner-only service costs, insurance and the effect of tenant turnover. I also need to confirm whether €869 means cold rent, total rent or an agent’s estimate. Which documents or figures would you request before deciding whether the net return compensates for those risks?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary maintenance and a reserve, but I am less certain about acquisition expenses, owner-only service costs, insurance and the effect of tenant turnover. I also need to confirm whether €869 means cold rent, total rent or an agent’s estimate. Which documents or figures would you request before deciding whether the net return compensates for those risks?