The lender presents the 30-year fixed rate as useful certainty, but I am hesitant to judge the offer on that basis alone. The Berlin property is about €1,141,000 and the quote is 7.51%; once our loan-to-value band and fees are included, the cheaper headline figure is not available to us.
How would you compare this with other German mortgage offers if a move before the end of the term is possible? I am weighing the lower balance we might have at that point against the monthly payment we must comfortably carry now. My current thought is to request figures for one realistic move date and for staying the full term, including early-exit and portability conditions, rather than assume a favourable refinance.
How would you compare this with other German mortgage offers if a move before the end of the term is possible? I am weighing the lower balance we might have at that point against the monthly payment we must comfortably carry now. My current thought is to request figures for one realistic move date and for staying the full term, including early-exit and portability conditions, rather than assume a favourable refinance.