Seventy-one days on the market sounds like possible value, but I am concerned that our Berlin results are mainly difficult or overpriced stock. The properties in my notes run from €158,200 to €237,400 and are mostly mixed-use buildings.
Property tax first seemed like a possible explanation for the difference in marketing time. On reflection, a citywide figure may hide more than it reveals across the two neighbourhoods we would actually consider. I am thinking of comparing recent completed sales, building condition, withdrawals and the timing of each price cut at street level. What else would help distinguish a genuine discount from a listing that has lingered for property-specific reasons?
Property tax first seemed like a possible explanation for the difference in marketing time. On reflection, a citywide figure may hide more than it reveals across the two neighbourhoods we would actually consider. I am thinking of comparing recent completed sales, building condition, withdrawals and the timing of each price cut at street level. What else would help distinguish a genuine discount from a listing that has lingered for property-specific reasons?