The 3.0% apparent difference between asking and completed prices is what prompted me to look more closely at Berlin data from April 2025. In the same material, well-presented new-build flats appear to sell in around 90 days, whereas renovation projects take longer.
I am not yet convinced this demonstrates stronger buyer selectivity. The result depends on whether the asking and sale figures refer to the same properties, when the transactions were agreed, and whether the April source was later revised. A seasonal change in listing mix could produce a similar pattern.
Does anyone have transaction-volume context or neighbourhood-level observations for that period? It would also help to know whether the source retains earlier asking prices, withdrawn listings and relistings. If the gap survives those checks, selectivity seems plausible; if not, I would treat it as a tentative snapshot rather than a citywide shift.
I am not yet convinced this demonstrates stronger buyer selectivity. The result depends on whether the asking and sale figures refer to the same properties, when the transactions were agreed, and whether the April source was later revised. A seasonal change in listing mix could produce a similar pattern.
Does anyone have transaction-volume context or neighbourhood-level observations for that period? It would also help to know whether the source retains earlier asking prices, withdrawn listings and relistings. If the gap survives those checks, selectivity seems plausible; if not, I would treat it as a tentative snapshot rather than a citywide shift.